RAILWAY OBSERVER CHANNEL

A forum for the discussion of railway related topics
etr220

Re: RAILWAY OBSERVER CHANNEL

Post by etr220 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:48 pm

Printed copy of the February RO arrived with me yesterday.

Flicking through it though, I noticed on page 105. caption for Callum's picture runs right to the edge of the page (no margin!), and probably should go a bit further - not sure as to the picture. And, similarly, on page 124, what I would expect to be nice round cornered image frames are cut off at the page boundary. Checking, it's the same in the downloaded pdf... wondering what's happening.

And - a minor point - which goes to show how good the rest of it is - I've noticed the full page width image captions are marginally narrower than the two columns of text.

roeditor

Post by roeditor » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:07 pm

"etr220", we had noticed the error but with a small team of hard working volunteers working monthly to a tight timescale, perfection is near impossible!

Seriously, if you would like to join the RO proofing team contact David Bird our proofing editor at publications@rcts.co.uk. We can always use a willing pair of hands!

Mike Robinson , Managing Editor

roeditor

Post by roeditor » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:30 pm

The March 2021 Railway Observer is now available as an e-Mag on Pagesuite.

Hopefully, postal service permitting, the printed copy of your March RO should arrive with you in around 10 days time.

Thanks to the many members who have commented favorably on the new larger RO

Enjoy

Mike Robinson

roeditor

Post by roeditor » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:58 am

[*][*]Friends

The digital version of the 2020 RO Index is now available on the website as an e-mag and the downloadable PDF will be on-line over the next few days .

Regards

MikeR
[/b]

Johnericrattray

Post by Johnericrattray » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:13 pm

Hi

Is the society printing the 2020 index, and when will be available.

Regards Eric rattray 21162

Thank you

roeditor

Post by roeditor » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:51 am

Friends
When trying to access the 'latest' monthly edition of the RO, if an issue other than the latest appears - possibly an index, AGM supplement or other RO related publication - simply go to the archive button - third icon from the right at the head of the page - and search for it from there. If you still cannot see it despite being advised by the Forum that it is available, please email me directly.
MikeR

roeditor

Post by roeditor » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:00 pm

Hi Folks

The April 2021 Railway Observer is now available as an e-Mag on Pagesuite and should be available as a downloadable PDf on the web later today .

Apologies for the delay this month - major system problems have delayed completion of the production process but hopefully the hard copy RO should be with print subscribers by the end of next week.

Regards

Mike Robinson