2016 AGM Coventry

A forum for the discussion of railway related topics
Peter Hall

2016 AGM Coventry

Post by Peter Hall » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:46 pm

No thread yet for this so I thought I might start one!

Personally I was not sure whether I would attend this year. However, I do feel that it does give members a chance to harass Society officials as well as seeing top entertainment and devouring a lavish banquet. So I do expect to be present and hopefully many others will also be able to attend.

Although not an official, I am involved with the website so feel I should be present should any of my valued contributors like a chat or a moan! MC wiling, I would hope, as last year, to find a corner and display a few bits from the website and hold court their. Unfortunately I do not have a laptop, but if anyone attending has one available that could be set up to show the website off that would be appreciated.

6-6-66

Re: 2016 AGM Coventry

Post by 6-6-66 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Peter, always good to swell the numbers for what should be a very interesting AGM, with the proposed changes to be ratified. To be fair, the printed proposal in the latest RO package is very comprehensive, and covers all of the aspects so well presented by Terence Jenner at the last Officers Conference.

By all means enjoy the programme, which has been put together and the meals certainly do fill you up. Mind you, the term 'fed up' might have a different meaning by the time I've finished with you... :lol:

If you want a laptop available, I will bring along the WM Branch unit for you to use. It's only one more item to add to the usual heap!

Peter Hall

Re: 2016 AGM Coventry

Post by Peter Hall » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:17 pm

Many thanks to 6-6-66 for making the WM Branch laptop available. I am sure if the 'heap' becomes too large then he can arrange a Ferguson tractor and trailer to assist!

Thus, good opportunity for members to point things out on the website that need attention and of course get assistance if they are having problems finding what they are after.

Peter Hall

2016 AGM Coventry - save postage on your RO index

Post by Peter Hall » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:28 am

Probably worth copying this message from 'Miker' regarding the RO index:-

""It seems that despite extensive publicity and discussion a number of members are unaware of our policy regarding distribution of a printed RO Index.
We ceased distributing printed copies of the Index to save costs following a decision at the 2014 Officers Conference. See RO's for Feb and March 2015 - A limited number of copies of the 2014 Index were printed for distribution at the 2015 AGM and this will again be the case this year at the 2016 AGM with respect to the 2015 Index."

So, another good reason for attending the AGM at Coventry. You save postage on your RO index.

Peter Hall

2016 AGM Coventry - less than two days to go

Post by Peter Hall » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:13 pm

Just a reminder that there is less than two days to go before the AGM events in Coventry. Perhaps members are already camped outside so as to ensure the best seats!

I still plan to be present and available for consultation about the various features on the Society website, Carriage Conundrums, Diesel Dilemmas, ECML drags and Preserved Coaching Stock.