RCTS Logo

Library

A forum for the discussion of railway related topics

Re: Library

Postby Train Spotter » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Dampflok wrote:Hello all,

My first post since re-registering on the forum (not sure what happened to my original account...).

I was lucky enough to be invited to the opening of the new library facilities in my capacity as Chairman of the Watford Branch and many thanks to the powers-that-be for that.

Despite the weather it was a great day and, obviously, many people have put in a lot of work to get to this stage. The opening day itself must have taken a lot of organisation.

I took a few photos on the day and if anyone is interested they are available to view on my website (no point in me sending them to the RO, nothing I submit ever appears...). At present they are in an "unlisted" gallery, so don't appear on the "browse" menu page, but if you follow this link, you should be able to view them:

https://plumbloco.smugmug.com/Trains/RC ... /n-PcWHWd/

This takes you to the menu thumbnail view, click on the large image on the right of the screen to view individual images, then click on the left/right arrows to go to the next image - the site is best viewed in full screen mode. Captions are included.

Regards,

Geoff Plumb

Thank you Dampflok for sharing your pictures of he opening of the Library
Train Spotter

Postby Chris Meredith » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:42 pm

Geoff,

Thank you for the superb images of the library opening, I also had an invite in my capacity as Chairman of the Croydon branch but regrettably was unable to attend due a previous engagement at the MNLPS (Clan Line) members open day. Peter Wilson our secretary stood in for me. It looks a brilliant set up and I shall forward to paying a visit in the near future. Congratulations to all those whose hard work has made it happen.

Chris Meredith 8427
Chris Meredith

Postby Dampflok » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Thanks for your comments with regard to the library photos, much appreciated!

After discussions today (Sunday 14th October 2018) with members of the MC at the Officers' Conference in Bournemouth, to ensure that they were happy for the photos to appear to any visitors to my site, the gallery has been "un-unlisted" so to speak, so now appears in the "browse" menu.

The previous link given still works, of course, if you wish to go directly to the gallery without going via the homepage.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Geoff Plumb
Please visit my photo gallery at: www.plumbloco.co.uk
Dampflok

Postby MisterC » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:05 pm

This is a quick note to let everyone here know that I visited the library in Leatherhead yesterday and did some real research!

Thanks to all involved in getting the library up and running.

MisterC
MisterC

Postby MisterC » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:41 am

I have just discovered that the website now has a report of the library official opening, with pictures, and it is here:
https://www.rcts.org.uk/about/library/p ... ialopening
MisterC

Postby Kevin Daniel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:10 pm

MisterC wrote:This is a quick note to let everyone here know that I visited the library in Leatherhead yesterday and did some real research!

Thanks to all involved in getting the library up and running.

MisterC

I also visited on the 19th and can only echo Mister C’s comment. It’s a tremendous resource and it was a very worthwhile visit. Thanks to Peter King for all his help on the day and to all the members who have helped get the Archive up and running.
Kevin Daniel

Postby NeedlesJ » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:44 am

Kudos to all those who make it happen :)
NeedlesJ

Previous

Return to Discussion