RCTS Logo

CLAN LINE

A forum for the discussion of railway related topics

Re: CLAN LINE

Postby Chris Meredith » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:28 pm

Right time back at Victoria, a very good run, slip free climb Shalford to Gomshall summit
Chris Meredith

Postby Chris Meredith » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:33 pm

Clan Line has passed FTR for tomorrow's FTR, looking forward to a good trip.
Train Spotter, I shall be with the support crew, I will be the one with the clip board if you wish to make yourself known. Hope you have any enjoyable day.
Chris Meredith

Postby Train Spotter » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Chris Meredith wrote:Clan Line has passed FTR for tomorrow's FTR, looking forward to a good trip.
Train Spotter, I shall be with the support crew, I will be the one with the clip board if you wish to make yourself known. Hope you have any enjoyable day.

I look forward to meeting you tomorrow....
Train Spotter

Postby Train Spotter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Fantastic day..... Big thanks to those who made it happen.. Clan line was in fantastic condition steaming very well.
Train Spotter

Postby Chris Meredith » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:31 pm

Not sure if my post came thru so shall repeat.
Train Spotter, glad you had a fantastic day, good to meet you at Hedge End. Hope you have a good birthday tomorrow. Did you manage a cab visit at Victoria?
Despite the rain and cold we had an excellent day on "The King Alfred" with some very spirited running by Clan Line, amongst the highlights were 68 between Feltham & Staines, 55 over MP 31 from a standing start at Woking, 63 at Lichfield summit between Worting Jn & Micheldever, followed by full speed through Winchester with whistle blowing, a storming climb after Rowlands Castle to Buriton summit with a max of 38 followed by a fast decent to Liss at line speed. This followed by the usual anticlimax following stopping services through Southwest suburbia culminating in a 1 minute late arrival back at Victoria.
Thanks to all those who came out to see & photograph us despite the inclement weather.
Chris Meredith

Postby Train Spotter » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:17 am

Chris Meredith wrote:Not sure if my post came thru so shall repeat.
Train Spotter, glad you had a fantastic day, good to meet you at Hedge End. Hope you have a good birthday tomorrow. Did you manage a cab visit at Victoria?
Despite the rain and cold we had an excellent day on "The King Alfred" with some very spirited running by Clan Line, amongst the highlights were 68 between Feltham & Staines, 55 over MP 31 from a standing start at Woking, 63 at Lichfield summit between Worting Jn & Micheldever, followed by full speed through Winchester with whistle blowing, a storming climb after Rowlands Castle to Buriton summit with a max of 38 followed by a fast decent to Liss at line speed. This followed by the usual anticlimax following stopping services through Southwest suburbia culminating in a 1 minute late arrival back at Victoria.
Thanks to all those who came out to see & photograph us despite the inclement weather.

I did get chance to go into the Cab at Victoria thank you very much..... Look forward to another trip hopefully later on in the year.....
Train Spotter

Postby Chris Meredith » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Clan Line will now be covering Friday 16/02 British Pullman instead of Tornado which is unavailable due to a delay in the annual re-certification process.
Chris Meredith

Postby Chris Meredith » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Passed FTR, all steamed and ready for tomorrows 'British Pullman' Paddington Bear Special.
Chris Meredith

Postby Chris Meredith » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Another successful trip on today's Surrey Hills, Paddington Bear Marmalade special, Clan Line performed faultlessly with no problems.
Chris Meredith

Postby Chris Meredith » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:07 pm

FTR has been successfully completed and Clan Line is gleaming and ready for tomorrow's, 9th March, Surrey Hills.
Chris Meredith

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion