TRELEWIS 1916 - Old Ordnance Survey Map

A forum for the discussion of railway related topics
Post Reply
RichardCoulthurst
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:31 pm

TRELEWIS 1916 - Old Ordnance Survey Map

Post by RichardCoulthurst » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:01 pm

Another reprint of an old Ordnance Survey map from Alan Godfrey with considerable railway interest.

This detailed map covers the villages of Treharris, Trelewis, Quaker's Yard and Edwardsville. Features include Quaker's Yard Junction with High Level and Low Level stations, Edwardsville, South Wales & Monmouthshire Truant School, River Taff, Taff Vale Railway, GW & Rhymney Joint Railway (Merthyr & Quaker's Yard branch), Blackbrook, Quaker's Yard, Treharris, Bargoed House, GWR Vale of Neath line with Treharris station, Melin-caiach, Ocean Deep Navigation Colliery with sidings and engine house, Glyn Bargoed, Trelewis, Bargoed Branch with Trelewis Halt, churches and chapels, schools etc. A 1906 directory of Treharris is included on the reverse. There is also a historical essay on the area by Ray Lawrence.

ISBN 978-1-78721-132-2

RichardCoulthurst
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Re: TRELEWIS 1916 - Old Ordnance Survey Map

Post by RichardCoulthurst » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Sorry, the date of the map is actually 1915 not 1916.

Post Reply