RCTS Logo

London & North Eastern Railway Company

A forum for the discussion of railway related topics

London & North Eastern Railway Company

Postby Train Spotter » Wed May 16, 2018 12:28 pm

From 24th June the ECML will be known as the London North Eastern Railway company & will be run by the government
Train Spotter

Re: London & North Eastern Railway Company

Postby pdeaves » Wed May 16, 2018 6:51 pm

I don't wish to look picky, but that would be more accurate as:
"From 24th June the ECML long distance operator will be known as the London North Eastern Railway company & will be run by the government".
The line itself will still be the East Coast Main Line! (and, for the time being at least, no other operators are affected, but "watch this space" for son-of-GTR)
pdeaves

Postby Ian Prince » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:19 am

Noted that LNER are already sponsoring community events for coming months with banners noted at important cities / locations served by the route, even though the handover hasn’t officially taken place yet.
Ian Prince

Postby pdeaves » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:44 pm

That is true, but the legal entity (company) does, just the same as the Keolis Amey companies (plural, for there are two) for the Wales & Borders franchise already exist even though not running trains yet.
pdeaves

Postby 12664 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:57 am

Correct name for the operator is, according to the LNER web site is:

London North Eastern Railway Limited, trading as 'LNER', is a company registered in England (No 04659712).

LNER Class 90s

Postby Peter Hall » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:00 am

We are continuing to attempt to list all Class 90 passenger workings on the ECML at https://www.rcts.org.uk/branches/sheffi ... eld/ECML90 despite the change of franchise.

Other pressures mean I have not been able to update recently and some details still need to be added. If you see anything that needs correcting or can add further sightings please make contact through the link on the page.
Peter Hall

Postby Ian Prince » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:18 pm

Seems to be no rush to eliminate the name 'Virgin' on the rolling stock, unlike previous franchise changes/failures.
Ian Prince

Postby pdeaves » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:02 pm

Ian Prince wrote:Seems to be no rush to eliminate the name 'Virgin' on the rolling stock, unlike previous franchise changes/failures.

Interestingly, there was a VTEC HST in Kings Cross yesterday (30 June), one of only two trains in at the time, the other being Hull Trains. I was hoping to see an LNER one on a brief 'rush through' on my way to somewhere else!
pdeaves

Postby Ian Prince » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Made my first LNER trip yesterday.

Interestingly some of the staff seem to have regained their sense of pride and helpfulness. The T.M. on our London bound service was exemplary and really made passengers feel welcome and even resolved a dilemma for staff in the buffet. Top marks!!

Better than Hull Trains who wanted to charge for a plastic spoon.
Ian Prince

Return to Discussion